Implant 101 Beginner: Introduction to Implant Dentistry
Updated: May 8, 2019
Date & Time: May 5th / June 9th, 9am to 4pm
Location: World Academy of Dental Education
13043 166th St. Cerritos CA. 90703
Presented by : Dr. Calvin Nam DDS, MS, BDS, DICOI
This basic implant course will teach doctors how to surgically place and restore dental implants in their dental practices. Upon completion of this course, each doctor should be able to differentiate and select ideal implant candidates. Diagnoses, common preventable pitfalls, and treatment plan for ideal implant plant case patients will be discussed.
Opening with Dr. Nam’s live laboratory demonstration of various procedures mentioned below, the participants will be given a hands-on training including venipuncture for CGF/PRF fabrication, proper utilization of implant motor and piezoelectric bone surgery, the use of laboratory plastic models to place implants and simple osseous graft techniques.
• Review of anatomical considerations in doing implant surgery such as anatomical landmarks and neurovascular bundles to prevent excessive bleeding , inflammation, and parasthesia
• Criteria for selecting the ideal candidate and case : lower first molar and upper 1st and 2nd premolars
• Basic surgical techniques in implant dentistry, including flap design, soft tissue and hard tissue management, and different suturing materials and techniques
• Direct and Implant Impression techniques and discussion of the various restorative options their advantages and disadvantages during the prosthetic phase
• Common pitfalls and trouble shoots and prevention
• Sharing of insightful” know how” of 30 years of experience doing over 40,000 various implant cases
• Q&A session to help you through your struggles because I want you to succeed
ABOUT DR. NAM
Dr. Nam has near 30 years of experience doing dental implants and oral surgery. Has placed and restored over 30,000 dental implant cases , done over 1500 sinus cases, and 300 complete oral rehabilitation cases.
Dr. Nam has also perform all scopes of countless oral surgical procedures such as 3rd molar extractions, apicoectomies, bone grafts, transplants, and more. Dr. Nam has lectured and performed numerous live surgery demonstrations domestically and internationally in countries such as Mexico, Myanmar, and Cambodia. Dr. Nam is currently Visiting Lecturing Professor at Int’l Univ. in Cambodia. Dr. Nam has been awarded fellow, Master, and Diplomate from Int’l Congress of Oral Implantology.
Dr. Nam has received BS at UCI, 1985, University Scholar BDS, DDS from UCSF in 1989, Dental and CA Graduate Fellow Scholar & have trained in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Clerkship from UCSF/San Francisco General Hospital Scott Dental Group, San Francisco, Chief Associate and Surgeon South East Dental Group, Chief Associate and Surgeon. Dr. Nam is Founder , CEO, and COS at Grace Dental Image Center in La Habra, CA and Director of GDIOSAI( Grace Dental Implant Oral Surgery, Aesthetic Institute. Dr. Nam is also Founder and Chief Executive Director of Christ’s Heart Ministries(CHM), conducted non-profit medical mission services over 27 years in countries such as North Korea, China, Myanmar, Cambodia, Mexico, Thailand, Vietnam, and more. Dr. Nam along with team of plastic surgeons from South Korea have conducted and performed cleft lip and palate surgeries in Myanmar(Medical Mission/Humanitarian Effort). .